In honor of National Recovery Month, we want you to share what recovery means to YOU. From now till October 4th, we’re asking you to send us a video about recovery. Be creative! You can tell us how recovery has impacted your life—or show us by singing an original song, reading a poem, doing a dance, or presenting a piece of artwork. The possibilities are endless!
Send your videos to Kate Schmier at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 4 at 5 PM. Once we’ve narrowed it down to our top picks, you’ll have an opportunity to vote for your favorite on Facebook. The winner will receive a very special prize!
- Video must be no longer than five minutes in length.
- Videos cannot contain any profanity or other material that could be considered rude or offensive.
- If you use music, please only use songs that you have written. For legal reasons, we cannot display videos with copyrighted music on our website or Facebook page.
- Please download the required consent form (there are separate forms for Phoenix House clients and non-clients), fill it out, and fax it to us at (212) 595-3570.
1. When submitting your video, acceptable formats are WMV, MOV, AVI, FLV and MPG.
2. Click here to go to SendThisFile.com.
3. Click where it says “register” in blue to create a free account.
4. Enter your email address and create a password.
5. You will receive an email confirming that your account was created. Click the link in your email to log in and proceed.
6. You should now see a screen that says “Send your file(s).” In the “From” field, it should have your email address. In the “To” field, please enter email@example.com.
7. In the “Subject” field, enter “Phoenix House Recovery Video.”
8. In the “Message” box, include a brief description of your video, along with your name, number, and address.
9. Next to “Field 1,” click “choose file” and upload your video.
10. Click “SendThisFile.”
11. It may take a few minutes for the file to transfer. Do not close your browser window or log out until you see that the transfer has been completed.
NOTE: If you chose not to send us your video electronically, you may also mail a CD/DVD to the address below. Please include a brief description of your video, along with your name, email address, and phone number.
Marketing & Communications, Phoenix House
164 W. 74th Street
New York, NY 10025
Please note that we are unable able to return the CDs we receive, so if the CD is valuable to you, please remember to make a copy for yourself. We are not responsible for lost, damaged, or misdirected CDs.
For more information about the video contest, please contact Kate Schmier at firstname.lastname@example.org or Emma Edelman at email@example.com.