Phoenix House Academy of Orange County joins Working Wardrobes and a select group of partners (the Simon Family Foundation and Los Amigos High School) in “Dream Girls & Distinguished Gentlemen” Prom Event 2012 on Saturday, March 10th, from 7am to 3pm.
This exciting event provides 150 at-risk high school seniors a series of workshops and a chance to find their perfect dress or tuxedo, complete with matching shoes, and accessories. With the help of 300 community volunteers, we are going to help transform every young adult into a “Dream Girl & Distinguished Gentleman.” The event includes: Etiquette Workshop; Treasure Mapping; Shopping for a Prom Dress/ Tux & accessories; Fashion Show & Finale.
There is nothing like the excitement and anxiety of high school seniors as they approach the American rite of passage-the night of their prom! Unfortunately, many feel discouraged to attend such a memorable night due to all the costs attached, but luckily, we can help! This event not only provides these teenagers with a fun opportunity to select their own dresses, tuxes, shoes, and accessories, but also gives them a unique opportunity to attend two exciting, life-transforming workshops.
Hilton Irvine, 18800 MacArthur Blvd, Irvine, CA 92612
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- HOST a Collection Drive at your school, organization or company. Items needed to support this event include:
- Formal Wear: tuxedos, vests, dress shirts, prom and party dresses!
- Accessories: bowties, dress shoes, evening purses and jewelry.
- Workshop Supplies: magazines, scissors and glue sticks.
- VOLUNTEER to help set up for the event, Friday, March 9th from 9 am- 4 pm or volunteer at the “Dream Girls & Distinguished Gentlemen” event on Saturday, March 10th from 7am- 3pm!
- Additional GROUP VOLUNTEER opportunities are available to help out in the Donation Center the week of: February 27th or March 12th for pre and post event preparations.
To learn more, please call 1 888 671 9392 for details. Volunteer registration deadline is on February 10, 2012.
Please find the event information and volunteer form here: http://www.workingwardrobes.org/promdose.htm