Family members and friends of individuals struggling with an addiction want their loved one to get the help they need. In order to determine what level of care your loved one may need, it’s important that he or she receive an assessment. At the Phoenix House Academy in Los Angeles for teens, we provide assessments and different treatment options ranging from outpatient care to residential care.
Residential Treatment is one of the primary levels of care at the Academy in Los Angeles, which is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. Dr. Frank Sanchez, Managing Director of the Academy, shares five things your loved one can expect during his or her stay at the Academy.
1. Change. Residing at a treatment facility allows teens to fully focus on recovery. A healthy environment free from damaging influences can help young people concentrate on positive change with the support of counselors.
2. Support. Phoenix House is staffed 24 hours per day. Regardless of the hour, teens in need of guidance will receive prompt care and attention from skilled professionals. Counselors, therapists, and psychiatrists are available to help clients who are having trouble sleeping, are worried about their future, or are experiencing withdrawal symptoms.
3. Comfort. A warm environment and supportive peers create a comforting atmosphere that assists in the treatment process.
4. Peers. Sometimes, being around others who are also committed to recovery may strengthen the resolve of teen clients. Teens may often feel alone in their addiction, but sharing the treatment experience with peers builds community and empowers clients with hope and the motivation to succeed. Support groups work in similar ways once treatment is complete.
5. Results. Living at a treatment facility and receiving continuous care allows clients to uncover the true underlying causes of addiction and co-occurring disorders. Learning why one struggles with addiction can help individuals address their unique problems and achieve long-term success in their recovery journey.
For questions or to schedule an assessment at the Academy, please call 1 888 671 9392.