This December, we challenge LA to Rise Up & Run to help save lives with Phoenix House at our first ever 5k fundraising event!
We will have a pre-race warm-up & stretch, a live DJ, Phoenix House event gear, prizes, and just an amazing time with friends, family, neighbors, co-workers and other awesome individuals like yourself.
Strollers, wheelchairs, and dogs on a leash are all welcome!
View the Course Map Here
DATE: Sunday, December 2, 2018, Starts at: 7:30 AM, Ends at: 10:45 AM
LOCATION: Griffith Park, 4730 Crystal Springs Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027 USA
CONTACT: Natalie Dolishny, Director of Development, 818-686-3007
Why we need LA to Rise Up & Run
- 21 million people in America have a substance use disorder.
- Drug overdose is now the leading cause of death among Americans under age 50.
- Every day, 91 people die from an opioid overdose. Alcohol kills even more.
- In 2016, California had the 2nd highest number of drug overdose deaths in the nation.
- In Los Angeles County, almost 40% of car crash deaths involve alcohol.
- More than 72,000 Americans died from drug overdoses in 2017 and 2/3 of those involved opioids.
- 46% of 12th graders have been drunk at least once in their lifetime.
What are we doing about it?
Established in 1994, Phoenix House Academy offers strengths-based, gender-specific treatment for teens with substance abuse and/or co-occurring mental health issues. Phoenix Academy offers a holistic innovative approach, helping young people move from lives of continual crisis to problem solving and conflict resolution. Residents attend an on-site high school fully-accredited by the Los Angeles County Office of Education while receiving comprehensive substance use disorder treatment services.
Since 1986, Phoenix House Venice Beach provides residential and outpatient services for adult men who struggle with alcohol, marijuana, and other substance use disorders. Our evidence-based treatment approach delivers a superior level of care by focusing on strength to meet each person’s unique needs.
Since 1979, Phoenix House Orange County has offered comprehensive evidence-based residential treatment to men and women suffering from co-occurring substance abuse and mental health disorders. Services include: Individual and group counseling; mental health services; substance abuse education; vocational and employment assistance; self-help and process groups; and a health and wellness program.