September is National Recovery Month! Phoenix House California celebrates this year by partaking in two major public events and a variety of therapeutic and community events.
- The Board of Supervisors in the County of Los Angeles will proclaim Recovery Month on Tuesday September 1st at 9:30 AM at the Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration building. Phoenix House clients, graduates, and staff representatives from our Residential and Outpatient programs in Venice and the Phoenix House Academy in Los Angeles will attend the event organized by the Substance Abuse Prevention and Control division of the Department of Public Health and the Commission on Alcohol and Other Drugs.
- Residential clients and their counselors will join in as the Los Angeles Dodgers celebrate Recovery Month during their home game versus Colorado on Tuesday September 15th with pre-game activities beginning at 6:30 PM.
- Women enrolled in Residential Programs in Santa Ana will enjoy inspirational readings and a poetry workshop, “Starved for Love?,” by poets Susan Rogers and Maja Trochimczyk on September 2nd at 1 PM.
- Clients and staff at Residential and Outpatient Programs in Santa Ana will celebrate Labor Day and Recovery Month on September 3rd with a BBQ picnic lunch, cultural presentations, music, games, and awards.
- Teams of teen clients at Phoenix House Academy in Los Angeles will volunteer at community nonprofits and create large canvas banners expressing their ideas about life in recovery and service as part of an annual celebration at the conclusion of Recovery Month.
If you or your loved one need substance abuse treatment services, or help dealing with mental health issues by consulting with well-trained, experienced, dedicated, and compassionate professionals, please do not hesitate to call us at: 1 888-671-9392.