Meet the Phoenix House Career Academy Jay Street Bombers, new contenders in the 2013 New York City TCA Baseball League.
Phoenix House New York
Phoenix Houses of New York has helped thousands of men, women, and adolescents overcome substance and alcohol abuse in order to lead healthy, productive and rewarding lives. Since 1967, we have been committed to supporting individuals and families by providing a wide range of services, from prevention, early intervention, and treatment to continuing care and recovery support. Our services include treatment for substance abusers with mental health problems and programs for mothers with children, outpatient and residential treatment for military personnel, veterans, and their families, impaired driver programs, and a detoxification program center.
The first Phoenix House Academy was established at Yorktown in 1983, providing residential treatment to teens along with educational and vocational services. We currently operate a second teen academy at East Hampton and a Career Academy in Brooklyn that offers an extensive program of vocational training for adults.
Phoenix House operates more than 20 residential and outpatient programs for adults and adolescents in New York City, upstate New York, and Long Island, treating close to 2,000 individuals daily.
Facilities in New York
- Brentwood (Brentwood Outpatient Program)
- Brentwood (Residential Campus)
- Bronx (185th Street Short Term Residential Program)
- Bronx (Community Recovery Center)
- Brooklyn (Prospect Place Community Residence)
- Brooklyn (Community Recovery Center)
- Brooklyn (Career Academy)
- East Hampton (East Hampton Outpatient)
- Hauppauge (Center)
- Lake Ronkonkoma (Ronkonkoma Campus)
- Long Island City (Center Detoxification Program)
- Long Island City (Long Island City Center)
- New York (Project YES)
- New York (Changing Youth Thinking)
- New York (Jack Aron Center)
- New York (Central Admissions Office)
- New York (IMPACT)
- Shrub Oak (Academy of Westchester - Yorktown)
- South Kortright (Delaware County Center)
- Springfield Gardens (Springfield Gardens - Mental Health Community Residence)
- Wainscott (Academy of Long Island)
News and Events
Phoenix House AmeriCorps volunteers join New York’s second annual I Love My Park Day in Manhattan’s Riverbank State Park.
Phoenix House Academy of Long Island students enjoy giving back to their local community during residential drug rehab treatment.